GarageKeypad is an Arduino-controlled garage door opener. It uses a numeric keypad to enter a secret code, opening when the correct secret code is entered. Also allows you to change the password.
This project is about a year old; it’s been sitting around for a while. So far I just have the code and a working prototype (sans garage door, currently just blinking an LED when it is unlocked). I am just starting to document it online and will be posting more details soon. So stay tuned!
- Arduino Duemilanove (Uno or any Arduino with enough IO should work)
- Sparkfun part # DEV-00666
- Price: $29.95
- Keypad, 12-key matrix output
- Digikey part # GH5008-ND
- Price: $13.52
- Pin Headers
- Resistors for LEDs and Keypad
- Relay (to interface with existing garage door button)
- Project Box (not yet selected)
Here’s a shot of my prototype: